Features to look for in a home security camera in Ann Arbor
So many people in Ann Arbor want to take a look what’s going on at home when they are not home This is a primary reason why security cameras are one of the most effective tools to consider as you design your smart home’s security. Although standalone cameras are effective when set up properly, they’re even more powerful when integrated into your residence’s complete system.
Are you interested in what to look for in a home security camera in Ann Arbor? You’ll be pleased to find these critical elements have more benefits than ever before. You can see live footage from indoor cameras or catch the attention of intruders with incorporated security features from outdoor cameras. And you can see your home security cameras easily in one app.
Dynamic features add value to home security cameras in Ann Arbor
Multifaceted and simple-to-use security cameras will take your home’s defense to a whole new level. These vital aspects of your alarm system are available with a diverse range of features like bi-directional audio, night vision, and mobile access. Review all of the available options here.
- Built-in deterrents: Choose a camera that will react instantly. If strange behavior is detected by the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro, a clear ring of red light will form around the camera’s lens and an audible alert will resonate.
- Night vision: Dynamic IR night vision sensors provide well-defined images of your property at any hour. Your cameras will even maintain their visibility when closing in on particular areas.
- Cloud storage: Check for security cameras with recording and storage cloud options and the ability to watch footage straight from your cell phone app.
- Mobile app: Today’s surveillance systems in Ann Arbor are often connected to a convenient app on your smartphone. You have the opportunity to view live footage or recorded video and even activate or disarm your security. The Vivint App will deliver a notification to your cell phone when a triggered event occurs.
- Motion sensors: Incorporated motion sensors means your cameras will take notice when odd activity takes place. You’ll even receive a message on your mobile device.
- Talk to delivery people or loved ones: Would you welcome the chance to check in with your children when they return from school? Is there a visitor at your main entry? Today’s residential security cameras, such as the Vivint Doorbell Camera Pro, provide convenient 2-way communications so you may converse with any person detected by your surveillance device.
- Greater viewing angles: Generally speaking, your outside surveillance should give you at least 120° of viewing perspective. For example, the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro boasts 140° views.
- Customizable zones: This convenience provides the opportunity to set the specific area you want your camera to supervise. This will be important to optimize the activity you surveil as you don’t necessarily require notifications whenever a car travels by on the road.
Configure your own home security system
You now know what to look for in a home security camera in Ann Arbor. The next step is to get started on your custom Vivint smart home. Dial (734) 206-7166 to start or submit the simple form on this page to reach out to our security professionals.