How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Ann Arbor smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your security system as it incorporates your security sensors, locks, thermostats, and cameras into a single united system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel puts you in complete control of your Ann Arbor home’s automation and security. See how it will help you and find tips to get you started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Ann Arbor help you?
Wirelessly linking to devices through radio wave transmissions and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your property. You may disarm or arm your system, operate lights, update the thermostat, and more. If adding a video doorbell, you can even speak to visitors at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub has cellular functionality and a battery backup to ensure reliable performance. It also provides complete remote operation via the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s an idea of the duties you can perform:
- Review current or recorded footage from all linked surveillance cameras
- Arm and disarm your system
- Toggle lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Change your home comfort settings
- Talk directly to monitoring agents
You can enhance convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Ann Arbor by setting schedules or creating rules. For example, you can have your smart thermostat change automatically every night at a particular time. Or, you can set preferences like having your front door unlock whenever the fire alarm trips.
Steps for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you get into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll have to understand how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s easy - just abide by these steps:
- Press the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay means you will remain in your house and arms all devices excluding interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away indicates you will be away, and everything in the home will activate.
- To disarm, simply swipe down on the shield icon and input your PIN.
You’ll notice a warning if something is stopping the system from arming. To illustrate, an open door will cue you to take action. Note that you can still arm the system by following the instructions above. You will then confirm you want to ignore the sensor in question.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Ann Arbor
Despite the fact that multiple users can be entered when you first get your system, you may want to add an additional user at some point. Here are step-by-step instructions to do so.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right of the main screen.
- Press “Users” and input your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Press “Name,” provide the the name you want to use, and tap the Next button.
- If you wish to give the user remote functionality, tap phone or email and submit the details to send an request.
- Hit Next and then establish a PIN for the added user.
- To take out a user, proceed to the menu, press users, choose the user you would like to delete, and then press “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Would you like to take charge of your home’s security and automation via an easy-to-operate touchscreen interface? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Ann Arbor home security system. Call (734) 206-7166 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.