Are wireless smart homes in Ann Arbor worth it?
Not so long ago, home security systems were restricted to hard-wired equipment joined through a drawn-out installation. Those days are done. Wireless innovation has revolutionized the industry and opened up a world of possibilities for families.
Are you trying to figure out if a wireless smart home in Ann Arbor is a good option for you? Find out what you ought to know about going wireless.
What you ought to know before switching to wireless
The core of any wireless network is a stable connection to the internet. Reliable, high-speed internet and a high-quality wireless router are the primary elements you’ll need. If you haven’t upgraded your router in quite some time, think about switching it out now to benefit from the newest performance enhancements.
If you dwell in an area without reliable fast internet or cell coverage, you might be better off with a hard-wired installation. Or, if you move into a home that is pre-wired for , it may be sensible from a financial standpoint to stay with that configuration.
Network and power outages can occur no matter where you live. With this in mind, look for security systems with battery and cellular backups to maintain your connection.
What are the advantages of a wireless smart home in Ann Arbor?
The central objective of any home security system is to defend your household from dangers like burglary and fire. You can achieve this with hard-wired and wireless systems, but if you wish to take advantage of the most recent improvements, a wireless smart home is your best option. When you install a wireless system, you can enjoy the following:
● Remote access: Would you enjoy being able to lock your entryways or watch live video from your phone? A wireless smart home gives you a measure of access you’ve never seen previously. You can remotely check or change any integrated components, like your smart thermostat or lighting.
● Instant notifications: You can not only access your system, but it can also reach you. If one of your sensors is tripped, an alert will be delivered immediately to your mobile device app. You’ll always know when something happens, no matter where you are.
● Adaptable and scalable: Unlike wired implements, you can install wireless options practically anywhere. Want to have a video camera on your desktop or in your child’s room? You got it! It’s also easy to remove or add equipment from your wireless smart home.
Possible drawbacks of wireless systems
Although wireless smart homes in Ann Arbor have proven reliable and beneficial, there are some potential shortcomings. You might give thought to the following:
● You may need to switch out batteries. If you have battery-powered tools, there’s always the chance of a disruption when the battery dies. Even so, smart devices will inform you when battery life is dwindling and usually last for many years without requiring a fresh battery.
● Device placement. There may be restrictions on how far you may place wireless devices away from the centralized command hub. This won’t be a concern in most homes, but you should inquire about the limit prior to moving forward.
● Risk of online hacking. Just like any computer network, the threat of hacking is present. But you can significantly lower this risk by using secure passwords, always updating default settings, and choosing routers with integrated security.
Order your Vivint wireless smart home in Ann Arbor today!
Take advantage of everything a wireless smart home can offer by customizing your own with a Vivint representative today. You’ll enjoy having access to your Ann Arbor security system from any location. Reach out to (734) 206-7166 to get started.